• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Period question

Sam27

Greenlighter
I'm new to this and not sure if I'm even posting this in the right spot. Here goes nothing. I'm almost one month clean of heroin. I started taking methadone under the supervision of a clinic. While I was using I didn't get my period at all. Since taking methadone my period is back and in full swing! While I'm grateful that my body is doing what it's supposed to be doing, I'm a little nervous because my period is extremely heavy!! I've never in my life had it THIS bad! Is this something I should be concerned about? If there is anyone out there that could give some advice I would appreciate it tremendously! Thank you! Oh and please bare with me...like I said I'm new and really have no clue what I'm doing. Thanks again! :)

Hey Sam27,

I'll send this over to Healthy Living for you for help with changes in menstrual bleeding however if you are looking for a more technical answer with respect to the drugs you are using feel free to request it gets sent over to Other Drugs Forum.

Feel free to just PM me with any questions or concerns as well.

Regards,

Support >>> HL

OP, when I was doing dope, my periods were insanely light (never lost 'em though). When I quit, my periods went back to normal (that is to say very heavy). Have you had more than once cycle of these heavier than normal periods?

Sometimes a heavy period can be a sign of an iron deficiency, as backwards as that sounds. And chances are good that if you're doing dope you're not eating well. :p